Sunday, June 29, 2008

Baby Showers...SUCK!!!

Ok, no offense to my best friend who is prego (I swear I love ya babe) but these things are BRUTAL for us single girls in their 30's. If you have ever watched the sex and the city episode with the 4 girls going to a baby shower..well then. I went today with my mom and it was the usual ohh and ahh bullshit!!! but what I hate is the questions of "so, whats new with you?? found a guy yet???Still single??? Any good dates???" I really don't mind talking about my love life but hell I hate when its forced just because at a Baby shower everyone feels bad for the single ones. This shower especially was fun (I mean that sarcastic) cause everyone came with their boyfriend or husband. No 'just females', which was good in a way cause a room of pure estrogen can be overwhelming and well for me a little uncomfortable, but when everyone is their with their significant other, its brutal!!! I must have explained nearly 50 times what happened with my last ex (and this one I mean Buffalo boy Brent, cause I have not seen some of these people since we last were together which was December!!!!for crying out loud!!!BRUTAL) then its what happened with Caleb and whats happening with Match and on and on and on. I hate answering a thousand questions where I feel like I have to justify my actions and justify being single!!! Anyway it sucked and so I am home now writing about it. I feel so down cause I'm home alone with Poops and typing this on my laptop. I was supposed to have a 4th match date tonight (new guy) but he bailed on me. I feel a little bad for him since he told me his grandfather just went into the hospital but who knows if thats the truth. How cynical I have become from dating, I never believe anyone anymore and I am losing faith in honest guys still existing. Are there any honest men out there still? Of course I am not asking for much just good looking, in shape, tall, smart, funny, good in the sack, good kisser, good job, nice family, no baggage or ex wifes, not living with parents, likes bunnies, generous, can fix things or screw in a light bulb, be able to pick me up, big penis and oh yeah honest!!! thats not asking for much is it??? I just want a guy to have what I have and offer what I can offer. That seems very unrealistic right now but hey thats why I am on Match. We will see!!!!

1 comment:

Braids said...

Don't worry Dee. . . when I have a baby shower, I won't invite you. : )